Full Moon Bicycle Cruise
The Start and Finish line is at the Eubanks Welcome Center – from there to the Stateline and return for a 28 mile moonlight Cruise. Those wanting to extend their Cruise can Cruise 8 miles west to mile marker 21.5 (the double bridges at the welcome sign to Jacksonville), returning to the Eubanks Welcome Center. The long Cruise will give you a 44 mile Cruise in total.
Just show up before 7 PM with your transportation choice and join in.
NOTICE: Use the trail at your own risk. Piedmont and the counties of Calhoun and Cleburne assume no liability for accidents or other acts which may occur on the Chief Ladiga trail.
Safety Rules for the Cruise
- Each bicycle/recumbent/trike MUST have a headlight and taillight.
- Excessive speeding is dangerous and slow is best at night.
- Safety helmets required for all bikers and skaters.
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted (electric assist excluded).
- Walkers have the right of way.
- Always pass to the left and sound off to warn those being passed.
- You must stop at all crossings.
- Use extreme caution while crossing bridges.
- Climbing on bridges and railing is prohibited.
- All pets must be kept on a leash and under control.
- Owners must clean up after pets.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Respect the privacy of adjacent homes.
- Bring your own liquids (a limited selection will be available for purchase at the Welcome Center)
- Glasses or goggles for eye protection
- Spare tube and a pump
- Cell Phone
- Extra batteries for headlight and taillight
NOTICE: Use the trail at your own risk. Piedmont and the counties of Calhoun and Cleburne assume no liability for accidents or other acts which may occur on this trail.