Senior Project Manager
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management of end to end Projects
- Develop and manage overall Project Execution plan in order to meet the customer’s contractual obligations & expectations.
- Develop and drive cross functional project plans and maintains project schedule
- Optimize overall resource planning and utilization considering resources within the local Division & Imerys organizations and through subcontracted companies.
- Prepare all necessary monthly reports required by Customer in order to meet their expectations.
- Manage project budget to ensure that the project financials are accurate as it pertains to revenue, cost and income forecasts.
- Manage the Division's commitments, in accordance with contract.
- Responsible for Diverse Supplier participation including setting goals, monitoring status, and implementing actions to ensure goals are met.
- Seek to improve Customer satisfaction and feedback through consistent Customer interaction.
Create The Division's best practice processes for Customer Project Management to include:
- Deploy EVMS (Earned Value Management System) to evaluate overall health of project and identifies operational changes needed for to meet project performance targets.
- Provide support to sales in quoting Project Management on project proposals.
- Establish project budget to ensure a positive cash flow throughout the duration of project.
- Prepare monthly internal financial reports depicting current project status and forecast project costs and income.
- Prepare bid packages, with assistance from engineering, and provides to Supply Chain to obtain qualified quotations from suppliers and contractors. This shall include development of scope of work and division of work for each package.
- Assist Supply Chain with pre-bid meetings, Request for proposal (RFPs), bid evaluation and award of purchase orders.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Management in development of Project Procurement and Subcontracting plans.
- Proactively pursues justifiable change orders and manages in accordance with Supply Chain processes.
- Identify, assess, and mitigate risks associated with the project including all necessary notifications to management.
Other competencies to demonstrate/practice:
- Work within the Division/Imerys and customer Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) plans.
- Assist Legal with the negotiation of project specific terms and conditions.
- Understand T&C application to project contracts, including awareness of risks of negative impact on margin, performance and risk factors.
- Prepare monthly internal and external progress reports detailing current status of the projects as it relates to engineering, procurement and construction.
- Identify and develop opportunities on projects and monitor for the Division's best return.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to achieve cooperation, negotiation and reach agreement with customers and suppliers.
- Require strong technical and business skills to evaluate and solve complex technical and financial problems, to cost effectively meet tight schedules; that may involve multiple projects. While ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to Company objectives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Construction management and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in Project Management.
- Certification as Project Management Professional-a plus
- Experience delivering turnkey projects