Procurement Manager - Calderys USA in Jacksonvile
Based at our plant in Jacksonville, Alabama, Calderys is hiring a Procurement Manager who will be responsible for developing and executing Business Unit purchasing strategies for commercial project work, as well as for the precast and monolithic plants located in Jacksonville, Alabama. This role will also manage procurement activities to provide for effective category, Capital Expense projects and site specific logistics sourcing based upon quality, cost and delivery of goods and services, as well as optimize MRO / Spare Part inventories to achieve balance between inventory availability and inventory investment.
- Coordinating procurement efforts with manufacturing, engineering, project manager, sales team, project site managers, safety personnel, vendors, contractors, and client personnel.
- Negotiates purchase price, terms, delivery methods, and warranties for products and services; manages RFQ and bid process.
- Manages current contracts to ensure supplier adherence to contractual obligations.
- Provide procurement support and assistance for capital expense projects, commercial project supplies and labor needs.
- Analyzes supplier spend, terms and condition for opportunities to improve cash flow.
- Communicates procurement issues that affect day to day operations to responsible manufacturing plant or Business Unit managers.
- Reviews and analyzes inventory activities; receiving, parts transactions, cycle counts and inventory investment.
- Establishes procurement and warehousing process and procedures to be followed by the Precast and Monolithic plant personnel.
- Assesses vendor capabilities, develops and qualifies alternate sources, manages and evaluates supplier performance.
- Ensures compliance to Corporate, Business Unit and Purchasing policies and procedures; monitors compliance as required.
- Reports monthly and quarterly results of purchasing initiatives, KPI’s and PPV analysis.
- Establishes effective supplier relationships and communications.
- Through effective leadership, manages CUSA Purchasing Department Team by establishing appropriate goals, objectives and personal development plans.
- Record keeping with audit involvement.
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in developing, implementing and executing action plans.
- Excellent “teaming” skills. Able to work effectively cross functionally with manufacturing, engineering, and commercial project personnel.
- Excellent communications skills, including verbal, written and listening skills.
- Strong budgeting, cost management and inventory management skills.
- Strong negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities and meeting established deadlines.
- Additional desired skills – experience in the refractory industry, CPSM and/or CPM certification, and experience with SAP.
- B.S., Operations/Engineering or related field
- 5-7 or more years of purchasing experience in procurement in a production / manufacturing environment.
- 3 or more years Supervisory / Management experience required.
- Experience utilizing ERP software and demonstrated proficiency with G-Suite applications.
- Travel is estimated to be approximately 25%, depending on the number of commercial projects going on at one time.