SEVERE WEATHER FAQ
CALHOUN COUNTY FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Will Tornado Saferooms be open during a Tornado Watch or Warning?
- The decision to seek shelter in a community storm shelter is certainly made more difficult by the consideration for COVID-19, and each individual will need to make an educated decision on where and when to shelter from a tornado.
- At this time, the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) is recommending that your first priority should be to protect yourself from a potential tornado. If a warning is issued for your area, the tornado poses a greater threat to your safety than the virus.
Is there a drive-thru test clinic in Calhoun County?
- Yes it is located at the Medical Arts Building (230 E10th St Anniston, AL)
- Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- MUST HAVE A REFERRAL FROM A HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE
- For questions regarding this process, please contact RMC Monday- Friday, 8am-4:30pm at 256-235-5600.
What does the AL State Health Officer Order Suspending Certain Public Gatherings Mean?
- All gatherings of 25 persons or more, or gatherings of any size that cannot maintain a consistent six-foot distance between persons, are prohibited. This Order shall apply to all gatherings, events or activities that bring 25 or more persons in a single room or single space at the same time.
- Prohibits visitors to hospitals and nursing homes/ long term care facilities
- All elective dental and medical procedures shall be delayed
- All restaurants or similar establishments shall not permit on-premises consumption of food or drink
- All public beaches closed.
How do I receive updates about COVID-19 in Calhoun County?
- Website: http://www.calhounema.org
- Facebook: Calhoun County EMA https://www.facebook.com/CalhounCountyEMA/,
- Twitter: BeReadyCalhoun https://twitter.com/BeReadyCalhoun
- YouTube: Calhoun County EMA https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt-AXMZbDLS8IJ6ZtA2H8Rw
- Text Calcovid to 888-777 receive text updates